One of the biggest and most significant decisions you can make is to relocate to a new country with your spouse. There are a few things you can do to speed up and simplify the card procedure, despite the fact that it can be difficult.

It is crucial to understand that if you plan to marry a Us citizen outside the United States, you will need to go through the Green Card ( immigration ) process after the marriage. This entails a clinical examination as well as an meeting at the American consulate or embassies in your spouse’s nation. It might take a long time to finish this.

It is always a good idea to speak with an skilled emigration lawyer if you are unsure of your next steps. By consulting with a lawyer who is familiar with the procedure, some perils may be avoided.

Because they will be getting married in a nation that does not sign the Hague Convention on Consular Relations, some citizens believe they may forgo the discussion. But, since Uscis will still need to review your financial and legal paperwork, it is impossible to avoid the interview.

To make sure you are certainly getting married just for immigration advantages, the judicial agent will also ask questions about your partnership. To ensure that your marriage is genuine, they may inquire about how you met, how much you have been dating, and different matters that may seem specific.